Apple Stuffed Croissant French Toast with Spiced Maple Syrup
- Our signature dish for September, at The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast, highlights locally grown apples and presents French Toast with a twist. A favorite of our guests it is often requested by those returning. Enjoy!
Apple Stuffing and Spiced Maple Syrup
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- a dash each of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Carmel Sauce
Core apple and slice into thin pieces, removing skin is optional. Place maple syrup, butter and spices into a medium frying pan, stir; add apple slices. Over low heat, stirring occasionally, bring mixture just to a boil. Simmer about 1-2 minutes or until apples are tender but not soft.
Croissant French Toast
- 2 large croissants, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- a dash each cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
In a shallow pan combine eggs, half and half, flour, vanilla and spices. Mix well. Dip each croissant half in mixture until well coated but not soggy. Place dipped croissant onto a hot buttered griddle or frying pan. Cook about 3-4 minutes, flip and cook other side another 3-4 minutes, or until firm and a light golden brown.
Remove apples and soft caramel sauce from heat. Strain apples and sauce, allowing sauce to accumulate into a measuring cup. Place a croissant bottom on each serving plate. Top with sliced apples. Add croissant top to apples. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Garnish plate with a few apple slices or caramel sauce. Serve spiced maple syrup separately.
Check Room Availability
Subscribe by email
From The Blog RSS