Our signature dish, at The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast, for August takes advantage of the fresh fruits found in our garden and at the local Lynchburg Community Market. Our guests and we have enjoyed this breakfast appetizer “soup” made with summer fruits such as blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries or a combination of berries, use your imagination!
- 4 cups of fresh berries (or you can use frozen, just thaw them first)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 6 oz. container berry yogurt, that corresponds to the type of berries used
Set aside a few berries for garnish.
Combine remaining berries, apple juice, orange juice, sugar, honey and lemon juice in a blender. Blend 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Strain into a bowl, discard solids. (Depending on the berries used you may have to strain the mixture 2 or 3 times to remove all of the seeds). Whisk in yogurt. Garnish with reserved berries and a small dolop of yogurt. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
This is a cool and refreshing treat during the summer. You can use frozen berries and less liquid to make a refreshing smoothy that can be enjoyed anytime during the day.
Check Room Availability
Subscribe by email
From The Blog RSS
- The Horner House-315 Cabell Street December 16, 2014
- Spinach Pesto Egg Bake December 9, 2014
- The First Thanksgiving didn’t happen at Plymouth Massachusetts December 2, 2014