The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast’s Massage and Body Works Studio is offering one (1) $40 “Hot Rockn’ Reflexology Treatment” with every 2-night stay during the month of April 2015.
This unique reflexology treatment uses hot river stones to impart an extra degree of relaxation and rejuvenation. Normally a $75 treatment, your package includes the cost of your room selected plus the “Hot Rockn’ Reflexology Treatment” for only $40!
Visit our web site, choose your room and call us at 434.846.1388 to make your reservation and massage appointment. You must mention this No Fooling package when booking. Your stay must be completed during the month of April. Package cannot be combined with any other special, offer or package.
Come stay with us in Lynchburg, VA. and experience this exceptional massage service.
Each season in the Lynchburg, VA area offers something unique to hikers & walkers. Spring offers brilliant colors breaking through after the cold winter, summer offers lush greenery, fall offers a beautiful show as leaves start to change and winter-early spring offers magical things. But in the winter we have some marvelous ice sculptures for those who are hearty enough to do some cold weather hiking. Since spring is almost here these cold weather hiking features will soon be disappearing.
Trees are vacant of leaves allowing your eyes to see views hidden when the leaves are present. One of winter’s most dazzling works of art, and perhaps it’s most spectacular, is ice. Small formations crunch underneath your feet as you gain elevation, when hiking in the mountains. Mossy boulders and rock formations grow “teeth” as their summer drips are frozen in time.
Silent scenes present themselves throughout most late winter-early spring hikes. Look up and you may catch the silent flight of an owl or hawk. Walk through bare trees and imagine them as the remnants of buildings in a town long lost. Silence can be empowering, relaxing and rejuvenating. Sometimes it’s good to get away from the computers, phones and other hand-held devices and just enjoy being.
Lynchburg has a hidden treasure in it’s hiking trail system. The trails of Blackwater Creek offer a variety of landscapes, water views, wildlife and space to reflect, see ice sculptures post 1/6/15. Just north of Lynchbrug is Crabtree Falls. We posted about Crabtree Falls on 7/17/12, a strenuous hike any time of the year, winter offers special sites, sounds and things to experience. High Bridge State Park in Farmville, posted 9/11/12, follows an old railroad bed so is relatively flat. Walk to the bridge and be treated to the seemingly endless views in every direction. For those true hikers that want a bit more of a challenge Falling Water Cascades Loop, posted 8/28/13, Flat Top Mountain and Sharp Top, in the Peaks of Otter just outside of Bedford, will challenge you and charm you at the same time.
When done hiking return to The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast. We’ll have hot coffee or cocoa waiting for you along with some homemade chocolate chip cookies. And if you have hiked especially strenuously we can serve you our signature Peppermint Pattie Hot Cocoa, it’ll warm you up inside and out! Our on-site massage and BodyWorks Studio offers a variety of massages, so tired and sore muscles should not be an issue after an invigorating day. Don’t delay, book your room now for the last of our cold weather hikes or get here in time to see the beauty of spring happen.
The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast, in Lynchburg, VA, is offering one free Swedish Massage in our on-site Massage and BodyWorks Studio with every 2-night stay during the month of March during our March Massage Madness month.. Take time to explore all that Lynchburg has to offer: hiking/biking the Blackwater Creek Trail, historic sites & museums, wineries & wine tastings or antiquing. Enjoy our delicious downtown restaurants. Take time to relax and reconnect. You will rest well in our comfortable rooms with sumptuous amenities, enjoy our legendary 4-course breakfast each morning and enjoy your time away together.
Visit our website at, www.TheCarriageHouseInnBandB.com, choose your room then call 434.846.1388 to book your reservation and massage appointment. You must mention this March Massage Madness package when making your reservation, At least 48 hours in advance of your arrival is required to schedule your massage.
Cost of package is based upon room selected for 2 nights plus applicable taxes and service fees. Gratuities are not included. This offer cannot be combined with any other discounts or specials. This is for new reservations made between February 24, 2015 and March 29, 2015. Sorry gift cards cannot be used to pay for the cost of the room with this special.
This March Massage Madness Special has been popular in previous years so book early and don’t forget to mention this March Madness Special.
Are you tired of the cold and dreary weather? Would you like to hibernate in luxury for a few days? Want a getaway that will help you relax as you get ready for spring to arrive?
Between today and March 31st, when you book at least a two-night stay at The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast, you will receive a “Winter Hibernation” welcome upon check-in: a bottle of wine (Chardonnay or Merlot) and a cheese plate. Enjoy while “hibernating” in our guest parlor as you listen to relaxing music. Then “hibernate” the evening away in your over-sized room with comfy robes and slippers, maybe an oversized soaking tub, comfortable bed and turn-down service! Each morning you will be served a delicious 4-course breakfast, which will keep you satiated until the afternoon.
While “hibernating” perhaps you would like to indulge in a massage or body treatment. Our on-site Massage and BodyWorks Studio has a significant list of menu options. These can be found on our web site under the Inn tab, subheading Massage and BodyWorks Studio.
If after “hibernating” you feel relaxed but ready to try something new our hiking/biking paths may be open and ready to invigorate you (weather permitting), the museum and historic sites will educate you, the wineries will tease you with tastings and our unique shops and Community Market will tempt you with their wares.
Visit our web site, select your room, then call us at 434.846.1388, mention our “Winter Hibernation Special” when booking and we’ll take care of the rest. You must mention this special when booking, at least 48 hours in advance of your arrival. This special cannot be combined with any other offer, package or discount.
Your ” winter hibernation” in Lynchburg, VA is waiting!
Want a great tasting easy to make breakfast? Who doesn’t! Our spinach pesto egg bake is the dish that fits the bill. We just made these and our guests loved them. It doesn’t take a lot of prep time nor does it take a lot of ingredients but it delivers lots of flavor. Depending on the size of your family you can double or triple the recipe if you are having the entire family over for the holidays. Another idea would be to make extra spinach-pesto egg bakes and freeze them. The night before put one in the refrigerator and the next morning pop it in the microwave for a minute or so (or until hot). What a great way to get a good hearty breakfast. You probably couldn’t prepare a bowl of cold cereal that quickly! Pictured above is our spinach pesto egg bake with chicken and apple sausage and tomato slices with mozzarella cheese and basil leaves.
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- 1 cup frozen cut leaf spinach (14 oz pag thawed, squeezed to drain)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz):
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (1 oz)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray 4 (10 oz) custard cups or ramekins with cooking spray. Place cups on a cookie sheet with sides (so they don’t slide off the cookie sheet when removing from the oven).
- Toast the pine nuts (place the pine nuts in an ungreased heavy skillet and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes stirring frequently until nuts begin to brown, then stir constantly until light brown). Be careful not to burn the nuts.
- In a medium bowl, mix spinach, cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, pesto and toasted nuts. Stir in the eggs (salt and pepper to taste) and milk until well blended. Divide the mixture evenly among the cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool two minutes then top with tomato and Parmesan cheese and garnish with basil.
In the interest of keeping this easy to make you can buy the basil pesto rather than making your own, which is easy to do especially if you have an herb garden and grow basil as we do. For those that want to be in control of what goes into your food I am providing our basil pesto recipe below:
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic (more of less depending on your preference)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste+
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add 1/2 cup of the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- If using immediately, add all the remaining oil and pulse until smooth and mix in the cheese OR
- If freezing, transfer to an air-tight container and drizzle remaining oil over the top. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw before use and stir the olive oil and cheese into the mixture.
This recipe is gluten free and vegetarian!
Just a reminder, you can find all of our recipes on our website, itemized by category. A new recipe is posted every month so bookmark that page and check back often to see whats cooking at The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast in historic Lynchburg, Virginia. If you don’t want to cook then come stay with us and we will serve you our four-course legendary breakfast each morning. Reservations can be made on-line or by calling 434.846.1388.
Kathy and I hope you enjoy our spinach pesto egg bake.
As promised in last week’s blog post on local apple picking, today is a recipe for our signature breakfast dish for the month of October 2014, Apple French Toast. Each month at The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast, in Lynchburg, VA, we feature a dish related to the season, an ingredient in abundance that month, a holiday during the month or because the dish seems appropriate for the month. Our Apple French Toast meets our parameters on many levels: apples are in peak season during September and October, French Toast is loved by all at breakfast and it’s a relatively easy dish. The great thing about our Apple French Toast recipe is it can be put together the day/night before so all you have to do is get up and put it into the oven and enjoy your time with friends and family. Apples are available all year but during September and October they are fresh off the tree, juicy and crisp. If you don’t live near an orchard or farmer’s market you can pick them up at your local supermarket. To make our apple french toast start by gathering the ingredients:
- 2 French bread baguette (approximately 26-inches long
- 8 eggs, well beaten
- 3 cups whole milk (you can use half and half or heavy cream for a richer custard)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4-5 apples (depending on size), peeled and thinly sliced (about 1/4 inch thickness). We used Granny Smith apples because they will retain some of their “crunch” when cooking.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Spiced Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (if cooking immediately after preparing); grease a 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
- Cut bread into 3/4 inch slices and tightly arrange in bottom of pan.
- Add a layer of sliced apples on top of the bread.
- Combine the cinnamon and nutmeg
- Sprinkle the apples with half the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Repeat by adding another layer of bread on top of the apples.
- Add apples on the second layer of bread.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla; mix well. Pour the egg mixture over the top.layer of apples.
- With a sturdy spatula press down on the apples to ensure all the bread is able to soak up the custard mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon and nutmeg mixture over the apples then dot with butter..
- Bake covered with aluminium foil for 15 minutes then remove the foil and bake another 20 minutes.. Let stand 10 minutes then slice and serve. Serve with Spiced Maple Syrup.
**Can be prepared the night before; cover and refrigerate. In the morning remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to baking as stated in directions above
Spiced Maple Syrup
In medium saucepan combine 1 cup pure maple syrup, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and a dash of vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Bring to a gentle boil. Serve with French Toast.
Give us a call at 434.846.1388 or go online to make your reservation and request our Apple French Toast breakfast during your October stay. It’s delicious and you’ll love it!
Trying to find a breakfast recipe? All of our recipes are on our website and are listed by category so feel free to check them out and check often as we post a new one each month.
Check Room Availability
Subscribe by email
From The Blog RSS