Chocolate-Mint Crackle Cookie Recipe
Guests arriving to stay at The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast, in Lynchburg, VA, are greeted with home-made cookies in their room upon arrival. This month our welcome treat cookie is a brownie-like cookie that looks like it has been shattered. Filled with minty goodness they have been a big hit!
Chocolate-Mint Crackle Cookie
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure mint extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Melt chocolate in heatproof bowl by setting it over a pan of simmering water, (but not touching the heatproof bowl) stirring constantly. Add the mint to this mixture.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder and cocoa in a small bowl.
3. Whisk together sugar, eggs and melted butter in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in melted chocolate and mint extract until smooth (from step 1 above) . Stir in flour mixture (from step 2 above). Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Roll tablespoons of dough into balls using your palms, then roll into confectioners’ sugar to coat. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing each 1-inch apart. Bake until slightly firm in the center, about 15 minutes.
5. Let cool slightly on sheets set on wire racks. Transfer cookies to racks and let cool completely.
**Dough can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 days or rolled into balls and frozen for up to 2 weeks. Roll in confectioners’ sugar just before baking.
***Store cookies in an air-tight container, at room temperature, for up to 3 days (but they won’t last that long!)
Check Room Availability
Subscribe by email
- At the Bed and Breakfast (58)
- Civil War (17)
- Dining in Lynchburg (19)
- Events (110)
- Food Truck (1)
- gluten free recipe (18)
- Historic Lynchburg (37)
- Massage Treatments (17)
- News (36)
- Outdoor Activity (42)
- Packages/Specials (36)
- Recipes (71)
- Roanoke Virginia (3)
- Things to do (103)
- Welcome (5)
- Wine Event (15)
- Winery (4)
From The Blog RSS