Fresh Fruit Tart
This is a great time of year to make our fresh fruit tart because you can buy, grwo or pick lots of fresh fruits. There is no right or wrong way to make this when it comes to choosing fruits. Use what you like or what is fresh then be creative with the design. We have served our fresh fruit tart as a breakfast fruit course, for desert for an evening dinner or we have taken it to a pot-luck dinner engagement. It is versatile and colorful and always gets lots of comments. It is also super easy to make, especially if you cheat like we do and use a refrigerated pie crust. If you are a great baker then make your own crust, but if you don’t have the time to make the crust this is an easy alternative. We hope you enjoy this colorful treat that can be made year round, but is especially good when the fruit is fresh.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 2/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 2 kiwifruit, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 9-11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
2. In medium bowl, mix filling ingredients with wire whisk until well blended. Pour into cooled baked shell. Arrange strawberries, kiwifruit and blueberries on filling.
3. In small microwavable bowl, microwave marmalade uncovered on High 5-10 seconds or until melted. Brush over fruit. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until set before serving. Cover and refrigerate any remaining tart.
The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast posts one recipe per month on our blog so keep checking to see our latest recipes. Once they are posted we add them to our recipe page on our website so if you are looking for something special we would suggest checking our website where all our recipes are categorized. The recipe page is: www.thecarriagehouseinnbandb.com/ recipes. We currently have over 40 recipes listed, most, like our fresh fruit tart are breakfast recipes but not always. The orange marmalade that is brushed onto the fruit adds a little gloss. You can’t screw this one up and if you are having a party it makes a great dish and is a great conversation piece. Put it on the table whole and slice it in front of your guests!
Visiting Lynchburg? Call The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast to book your room. With back to school, parents weekends, wine festivals and soon the fall leave colors, we will be booking our rooms so don’t miss out and plan early. Call 434.846.1388 NOW to make your reservation or book online.
Check Room Availability
Subscribe by email
From The Blog RSS