Green Lodging at the Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast
Protecting the earth, our natural resources and environment is something we take seriously so we have taken numerous steps to help us accomplish these goals while still providing our guest a memorable experience while staying at The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast.
- We recycle waste products
- Use energy efficient light bulbs and appliances
- We have a six-zone air conditioning system so we can turn off cooling to those parts of the Inn that are not occupied.
- We have replaced the old boiler, which heats the home and water with an energy efficient model.
- We compost yard waste as well as food waste and use compost in our garden.
- Guestrooms have energy efficient windows installed behind the original windows (we kept the original windows in place to preserve the exterior appearance of the property).
- We launder sheets and towels every fourth day (of your stay) to save energy and water.
- High efficiency low flow shower heads are installed on guest showers.
- Radiators have individual controls so guest can regulate the temperature in their room.
- We collect rain water in a 2,000 gallon buried cistern that we use to irrigate the garden and lawn.
- Our garden provides guests with organically grown fruits, vegetables and herbs.
- When possible we buy our food locally to cut down on the carbon footprint caused by shipping long distances.
Please enjoy your stay with us. Most of these and other green techniques were implemented so that we could do our part for the environment.
Should you have any suggestions on other things we could easily implement please feel free to let us know.