During the month of December the Carriage House Inn’s Massage and BodyWorks Studio in Lynchburg, VA, is offering a special on it’s Peppermint Perfection body care package.
This body care package combines a massage with a scrub to enhance each individual segment of the treatment. Refreshing, stimulating and reminiscent of eating candy canes as a kid this treatment combines a Peppermint Scrub followed by a Swedish massage using a Peppermint Cream.
A total mind, body and sensory experience. Usually priced at $150.00, during December it is offered at $125.00!
Call us at 434.846.1388 and mention the blog post Peppermint Perfection special to book this treatment. Appointments are limited and required. If you have any questions about this body treatment or any of the others offered on our web site please give us a call.
No, I’m not going to break out in song (that’s a good thing for anyone within earshot). but I wanted to share our Christmas tree with you at The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast. One of the nice things about living in an old house is that our foyer is huge by today’s standards. We put our tree at the staircase so guests can enjoy all sides of it as they head up to the guest bedrooms.
In addition to the tree we have an army of nutcrackers throughout the house. A recent guest wanted to know how many we have. The answer is too many when it comes to packing and unpacking them but I suspect there are a couple hundred of them standing sentry around the the house. Here are a few of them that are in our dining room, making sure the our guests are being looked after.
Speaking of an army of nutcrackers looking after our guests, this time of year we need to take time out of our busy schedules and think about our military, especially those troops that won’t be home to celebrate the holidays with their friends and family because they are deployed defending our freedom.
We also need to pray for the families of those that won’t be coming home because they gave their lives fighting for our freedom. Freedom isn’t free and thousands of our soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines have paid the ultimate price for us to enjoy the life we have and freedoms we enjoy. My Christmas wish is that we could have peace on earth and goodwill towards man.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Kathy and Mike at The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast. We hope that 2012 was a good year for you and we wish you much success in 2013.
I hope you don’t think we serve clam chowder for breakfast! We don’t, but this recipe is so good I wanted to share it with you. During the cold winter months a bowl of hot soup is very comforting. This is a great dish to make for the family or invite friends and neighbors on those chilly winter nights. We will sometimes make three or four different types of soup and have the neighborhood over for a soup and salad night. The neighbors bring the bread and salads and we provide the soup. This one is always a favorite, best of all, it is quick and easy to make. If you are ever staying at The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast during one of our soup and salad nights this will become one of your favorite dishes also.
- 6 (6.5 ounce) cans of chopped NOT minced clams
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups cubed potatoes (cubed 1/2 inch)
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 quart half and half cream
- 3 strips thick bacon
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet. When the bacon is done, remove bacon and set aside and leave the bacon grease in skillet.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery and potatoes to the bacon grease and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. While that is cooking, open the 6 cans of diced clams separating the clams from the clam juice. After the vegetables have cooked for about 5 minutes add the clam juice and continue to cook for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan heat the butter over medium heat until melted. Whisk in the flour until smooth. Add the half and half and corn starch. Stir constantly until thick and smooth (about 15-20 minutes).
- Add the vegetables to the cream and continue to stir until combined and hot (don’t bring to boil). When the mixture is hot, add the clams. Don’t cook clams too long or they will be tough and chewy. When clams are heated through (1-2 minutes) stir in the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with a crusty bread and salad. Crumple the bacon into small pieces and add bacon on top of the chowder in the bowls. Enjoy!
Welcome the New Year at the Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast in Lynchburg, VA with our Celebrate New Year’s Eve package.
This package includes your choice of room in the mansion ($339) or carriage house ($359) for one night, an early check-in time between 2:00-4:00 pm, a $75.00 dining gift certificate at one of our fine downtown restaurants, a celebratory toast at midnight and our decadent 4-course breakfast on Tuesday. You may add Sunday evening at a rate of $179 (mansion) or $199 (carriage house) to make the start of the New Year extra special.
Interested in a massage or body treatment? Visit our web site to review the massage and body treatments offered in our on-site Massage and BodyWorks Studio or close out 2012 with our December signature treatment, Peppermint Perfection. This treatment combines a refreshing, stimulating body scrub followed by a Swedish massage using a Peppermint Scrub and Peppermint Cream reminiscent of our childhood and thoughts of candy canes. This treatment is $150.00. Please call at least 72 hours in advance of your arrival to book this add-on.
Call us at 434.846.1388 and mention the New Year’s Eve Celebration package. This offer cannot be combined with any other special, discount or voucher.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Check Room Availability
Subscribe by email
- At the Bed and Breakfast (64)
- Civil War (17)
- Dining in Lynchburg (21)
- Events (115)
- Food Truck (1)
- gluten free recipe (20)
- Historic Lynchburg (43)
- Love (1)
- Massage Treatments (17)
- News (36)
- Outdoor Activity (43)
- Packages/Specials (37)
- Recipes (76)
- Roanoke Virginia (3)
- Things to do (112)
- Welcome (5)
- Wine Event (15)
- Winery (4)
From The Blog RSS