Breakfast Bacon and Egg Souffle’
Our easy to prepare breakfast bacon and egg souffle’ is super easy to prepare and a great twist on the traditional bacon and eggs breakfast. The bacon can be cooked ahead of time. We often cook an entire package of bacon (we prefer the thick cut bacon), crumbled and stored in the freezer until needed for this and dozens of other amazing recipes.
- 1 8 oz. can refrigerated crescent rolls
- cooking spray
- 7 eggs
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (you can substitute half and half if you prefer)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Separate dough into 8 rectangles, lightly press or roll two of the triangles into a 6-inch square. Press 1 dough square into bottom of each of 4 greased Texas muffin cups; fold excess dough and crimp edges. Coat edges with cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, beat eggs, whipping cream and pepper with whisk until well-blended; set aside. In 10-inch skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Cook and stir red pepper in butter 1-2 minutes, just until tender. Pour egg mixture into skillet. With spatula, pull thin layer off bottom of skillet toward center. Repeat around pan. Continue to gather cooked portion in center of skillet until about half of the egg mixture is set (eggs will be very runny).
3. Immediately remove from heat; stir in half of the bacon and cheese. Working quickly, spoon partially set eggs into the greased muffin cups. Top with remaining bacon and cheese. Bake 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; carefully remove soufflés from cups. Note: it is always a good idea to partially fill the empty cups with water before cooking the breakfast bacon souffle’.
This dish incorporates the toast, bacon and eggs into one simple dish. To fill the plate you can serve it with tomatoes (raw, fried or baked), baked asparagus or a cup of fresh fruit. If you love mushrooms you can add mushrooms to the mixture, just lightly saute them with the peppers and follow the recipe.
Once a month The Carriage House Inn Bed and Breakfast posts a recipe on its blog and then it gets added to our recipe page on our website. The recipe page is the single best place to go to for a list of all of our recipes and is organized by category. We hope you enjoy our breakfast bacon and egg souffle.
Check Room Availability
Subscribe by email
- At the Bed and Breakfast (59)
- Civil War (17)
- Dining in Lynchburg (20)
- Events (112)
- Food Truck (1)
- gluten free recipe (18)
- Historic Lynchburg (40)
- Massage Treatments (17)
- News (36)
- Outdoor Activity (42)
- Packages/Specials (36)
- Recipes (73)
- Roanoke Virginia (3)
- Things to do (107)
- Welcome (5)
- Wine Event (15)
- Winery (4)
From The Blog RSS